Gareth Bale’s agent in talks with Tottenham over return from Madrid

Must Read

Fact-check: No, Adani Agri Logistics storage wasn’t built overnight after Farm Bill [Details here]

Adani Agri Logistics storage wasn't built overnight after Farm BillTwitter Amidst the heavy uproar over the newly-passed agriculture bills, an image of a grain silo...

Rajya Sabha passes FCRA Bill amid opposition boycott: Amendment Bill explained

Parliament of IndiaReuters The Rajya Sabha on Wednesday passed a Bill sans opposition making Aadhaar mandatory for registration of organisations receiving foreign funds, and also...

Out of favor at Real Madrid, Gareth Bale is hoping to secure a return to Premier League club Tottenham to revitalize his career. Bale’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, confirmed to The Associated Press that he is in talks with Tottenham about the 31-year-old forward rejoining the club he left seven years ago.

“That’s where he wants to go,” Barnett told the AP.

There is still plenty of time to complete the deal, with the summer transfer window closing on Oct. 5.

With a contract running at Madrid until 2022, Bale could rejoin Tottenham on a loan deal rather than a permanent signing. Tottenham, which is managed by Jose Mourinho, declined comment.

Bale has been repeatedly thwarted in his efforts to restart his career away from Madrid. The Spanish champions signed Bale from Tottenham for 100 million euros (then $132 million), which was a world-record fee at the time, but he has struggled for game time in recent seasons — in part due to injury problems.

Bale accused Madrid of blocking a move to the Chinese Super League earlier this year.

“There have been other incidents when we’ve tried to go but the club wouldn’t allow it or have done something,” Bale told broadcaster Sky earlier this month.

Bale has scored some memorable goals for Madrid as the team has won four Champions League titles — including an overhead kick in the 2018 final victory over Liverpool.

But he was often characterized as an outcast in Madrid for spending time playing golf rather than socializing with squad members.

He celebrated Wales qualifying for the European Championship last year with a banner that mockingly read: “Wales. Golf. Madrid. In That Order.” Madrid coach Zidane Zidane claimed in August that Bale asked not to play in what turned out to be the team’s final match of the season — away at Manchester City in the round of 16 of the Champions League.

It was leading Tottenham into the Champions League for the first time in 2010 that saw Bale’s status in the game grow with dazzling displays for the north London club.

But after joining Tottenham from Southampton as a 17-year-old in 2007, Bale’s career had looked like stalling.

He played more than 1,500 minutes in the Premier League across 28 months before finally earning his first win in the competition. But when he was pushed up from left back into an attacking role, his career was transformed.

Tottenham, which lost its first Champions League final to Liverpool in 2019, is trying to find a way back into the competition after finishing sixth in the Premier League last season. The new campaign began with a 1-0 loss to Everton on Sunday.

Source link

Popular

Assam’s Dibrugarh University Teacher Arrested For Sharing Porn Video: Police

During interrogation, the accused confessed to the crime. (Representational)Dibrugarh: An assistant professor in Assam's Dibrugarh University was arrested today for allegedly uploading pornographic content...

Sushant Singh Rajput case | FIR against late actor’s sisters for abetment of his...

Charge comes less than 12 hours after actor Rhea Chakraborty filed a complaint against Sushant’s sisters. The Bandra police station charged late actor Sushant Singh...

MSMEs want extension of loan moratorium

Over 70% of those who have availed loans are not in a position to repay their dues With the loan moratorium period coming to end...

CBI case against 6 companies for allegedly installing pop-ups to personal computers

The Central Bureau of Investigation on Thursday said that it has filed a case against six private companies for allegedly transmitting pop-ups with bogus...

Delhi schools to remain closed for all students till October 5, says Delhi govt

All schools in the national capital will continue to remain closed till October 5 in view of the rising number of the cases, the...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles